“I stole gum from my mom’s purse! I’m naughty!” I had just gotten home from work, took Bella out, brought her back inside, and while in the restroom, I thought I heard funny sounds. But when I came out, Bella was just standing in the hallway looking at me. It wasn’t until I walked into the living room that I saw pieces of the gum carton all over the floor. My purse was on the kitchen floor and she stuck her nose in it, and stole my gum. I think I had two or three more pieces left, but no wrapper or gum was to be found, just what was left of the chewed up carton.
Editor’s Note: Be careful with pets and gum. Some gums containing Xylitol can be toxic and cause seizures, vomiting, etc. If you think your dog has ingested xylitol, call poison control. Bella’s owner is smart and bought xylitol-free gum!