I was given beautiful Peace Lilies recently in condolence for the passing of my father. I also just rescued a puppy named Petunia, who was afraid of the plant… until I left her alone with it.
Editor’s Note: The peace lily (also known as Mauna Loa) is toxic to dogs and cats. Ingestion of the peace lily or calla lily can cause irritation of the tongue and lips, increased salivation, difficulty swallowing, and vomiting. [source] If you think your pet has ingested a lily, please contact poison control or your vet clinic.